Joanna Whittier, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
Fisheries and Wildlife
- Phone: 573-884-7553
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 303K Anheuser-Busch Natural Resources Building
- Website: web.missouri.edu/~whittierj/
- Ph.D., 2001, Oklahoma State University
- Landscape ecology, species conservation, GIS applications.
- C.P. Paukert, K.L. Pitts, J.B. Whittier, and J.D. Olden. In press.
Development and assessment of a landscape-scale ecological threat index for the Lower Colorado River Basin. Ecological Indicators.
- Pool, T.K., J.D. Olden, J.B. Whittier, and C.P. Paukert. In press.
Environmental drivers of fish functional diversity and composition in the Lower Colorado River Basin.
- Whittier, J.B., and D.M. Leslie, Jr. 2009.
Survival and movement of chicks of the Least Tern (Sterna antillarum) on an alkaline flat. Southwestern Naturalist 54:176-181.
- Whittier, J.B., C.P. Paukert, and K. Gido. 2006.
Development of an aquatic GAP for the Lower Colorado River Basin. Gap Analysis Bulletin No. 14 USGS/BRD/Gap Analysis Program. Moscow, Idaho. Pages 65-68.
- Whittier, J.B., D.M. Leslie, Jr., and R.A. Van Den Bussche. 2006.
Genetic variation among subspecies of Least Tern (Sterna antillarum): implications for conservation. Waterbirds 29:176-184.
- Whittier, J.B., and D.M. Leslie, Jr. 2005.
Efficacy of using radio transmitters to monitor Least Tern chicks. Wilson Bulletin 117(1):85-91.
- Thomas, L., J. Whittier, N. Tancreto, J. Atkins, M. Miller, and A. Cully. 2003.
Vital signs monitoring plan for the Southern Colorado Plateau Network: Phase I report. National Park Service, Southern Colorado Plateau Network, Flagstaff, AZ.
- Whittier, J.B., B.R. Winton, and D.M. Leslie, Jr. 1999.
Common Nighthawk found nesting in alkaline flat habitat. Bulletin of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society 32:29-31.
- Whittier, J.B., and K. McBee. 1998.
A non-lethal technique for measuring genotoxic effects in birds. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 18:1557-1563.