We are excited to announce that the CWMWQ and the Water Resources Research Center have merged to form the Missouri Water Center.
The Missouri Water Center serves the State of Missouri and the nation through innovative research on managing water resources and water quality, training students for water-related professions, and creating and transferring knowledge that enhances safety and the economic, environmental and social status of its citizens.
- Learn more at: water.missouri.edu
The mission of the Center for Watershed Management and Water Quality (CWMWQ) located within the University of Missouri’s College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR) includes development of sustainable solutions to contemporary watershed management, water quantity and water quality problems to attain maximum benefit of Missouri’s waters and enhance the environmental, social and economic status of the State and populace.
This broad agenda:
- Contributes to Missouri’s environmental, economic, social and cultural well-being.
- Meets the land grant mission of the University of Missouri through discovery and creative activity, teaching and learning, and outreach and community engagement.
- Enhances collaborative, interdisciplinary activities across and beyond the University of Missouri Campus.
- Integrates existing resources and generates new resources that will facilitate study, problem solving and growth.